Thank you for clicking the link to my blog!
I know, it has been a while. Simply put, I’ve been managing University work with adulting, and now that I am finished with exams, I am pleased to go back to destressing with food whilst sharing my foodie thoughts with you. During exam season, I decided that I was eating too many variations of Pasta *insert laughing emoji* so I sought a healthier, quick and tasty alternative.
Here we are, my ‘always’ experimental recipe for Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry with Cous Cous.
Meal Prep: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 – 20 mins
- 150g Diced Chicken Breast
- 150g Cous Cous
- A handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Carrot Sticks
- 1 small White Onion
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 small Aubergine
- Half a Scotch Bonnet
- Fresh Ginger & Garlic
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Vegetable Oil
- Seasoning: Salt, Black Pepper and Knorr Cubes (optional)
To start, I seasoned the diced Chicken Breasts with 1 tsp Salt, 1 tsp of dark Soy sauce and Black Pepper. Also, I sliced the vegetables as desired and set aside.
- Cook the Cous Cous according to the instructions on its packaging (cooking time ~ 5 minutes)
- Whilst the Cous Cous cooks, heat 4 tbsp of Vegetable Oil and fry the pre-seasoned Chicken Breasts for 5 – 7 mins on medium heat, setting aside the cooked meat once it is well done.
- In the same pan (there should still be leftover oil in it, add more if needed), add the chopped Onions, Ginger, Garlic, Cherry Tomatoes, Bell Pepper, Carrots, Aubergines, Scotch Bonnet and stir-fry for 3 – 5 mins on high heat.
- Next, add the diced Chicken breast to the pan with a squeeze of lemon juice, a pinch of salt, 1 Knorr Chicken seasoning cube and mix for 2 mins on high heat.
- Finally, add the cooked Cous Cous and mix it into the sauteed vegetables with a sprinkle of Sweet Corn and Spring Onions, mixing for 3 mins on medium heat.
You can serve it on its own or with pretty much anything. I made this dish in the heat of the exam season and actually just ate it on its own because I was extra lazy; it offered me the tasty nutrition that I needed whilst being lightweight and quick. I hope you try out this recipe and if you need any help or further tips, please leave a comment below or message me on Instagram – RikiCooks.