Thank you for clicking the link to my blog!
Honestly, this was solely experimental (as usual). I actually wanted to try out Tofu for the first time and decided to toss it in my pasta. I also had the ‘longest’ day at University, so I needed something super quick, tasty and healthy.
FYI – I still can’t tell if I like Tofu or not yet, so I’m going to play with it a bit more in the future.
So here we are, my recipe for Conchiglie Pasta in Tomato Sauce
Meal Prep: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 – 20 mins
*US cup size (240ml = 240 grams)
- 250 grams of Conchiglie Pasta
- 2 cups* of Tomato Passata
- Asparagus tips, chopped
- A handful of Cherry tomatoes
- A handful of Spinach
- Tofu, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Seasoning: 1 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Black Pepper, 1 tsp Mixed Herbs (Thyme & Oregano)
- Cook the pasta as instructed on the packaging and drain.
- As the pasta cooks, heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a saucepan, add chopped onions, thyme, oregano and stir-fry on high heat for 1 min.
- Next, add the tomato passata and cook on medium heat for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add the chopped Asparagus tips, salt and/or black pepper (be kind to your chili level) and reduce the saucepan to low heat.
- Add the pasta, chopped tofu, cherry tomatoes and spinach to the cooking sauce, stir until all of the pasta is coated, simmer for 5 mins on medium heat and serve as desired.
I chose to serve it on its own but you can serve it with pretty much anything; you can also have it hot or cold, and best of all, it’s a tasty plant-based meal! I hope you try out this recipe and if you need any help, further tips for this recipe or would like to share your thoughts with me, please leave a comment below or message me on Instagram – RikiCooks.