Thank you for clicking the link to my blog!
With temperatures soaring lower, I craved something warmer and filling for dinner. I didn’t plan to post a recipe and it’s safe to assume that Pasta Bake is pretty easy to make, but then, I thought ‘Why not?’
So here we are, my recipe for Tomato and Herb Pasta Bake.
Meal Prep: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 400g of Penne pasta
- Chopped grilled Bacon (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- Tomato and Herbs Pasta Sauce (or homemade tomato sauce)
- Tomato Puree
- Half a Scotch bonnet, chopped (optional, I love chili peppers)
- 1 tbsp dark Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- Salt and Pepper
- Thyme and Oregano
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Choice of grated cheese (optional)
- Cook the pasta as instructed on the packaging and drain.
- As the pasta cooks, heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a saucepan, add chopped onions, thyme, oregano and stir-fry on high heat for 1 min.
- Next, add the pasta sauce, tomato puree, scotch bonnet, chopped bacon (optional or use preferred alternative) and cook on medium heat for 5 – 7 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tsp of salt and/or 1 tsp of black pepper (be kind to your chili level) and reduce the saucepan to low heat.
- Add the pasta to the cooking sauce, stir and simmer for 2 mins. (This can be served as a Vegan Alternative)
- Add pasta into a baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and oven cook for 5 mins, until the cheese is browned as desired.
I chose to serve it with Garlic Bread, but as usual, you can serve it on its own or with pretty much anything. I hope you try out this recipe and if you need any help, further tips for this recipe or would like to share your thoughts with me, please leave a comment below or message me on Instagram – RikiCooks.