Thank you for clicking the link to my blog!
Happy New Year! I am excited about what 2019 will bring. It seems going Vegan has become quite popular as part of the usual ‘New Year, New Me’ rush and I am here for this trend – because, it means I get to share more Vegan recipes with you.
So here we are, my experimental recipe for Chickpea sauce.
Meal Prep: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 – 20 mins
- 1 Tin of Boiled Chickpeas
- 3 Fresh Tomatoes
- Handful of Mushrooms
- 1 small Scotch bonnet
- Tomato Puree
- 3 tbsp of Chilli infused Sunflower Oil
- Half of a White Onion
- Salt, Thyme, Curry, Garlic & Maggi Seasoning (use as desired)
I chose to serve the sauce with roasted plantain and potatoes, so before I started the sauce; I cut and seasoned the sides with salt, pepper, olive oil and put it in the oven to grill for 30 mins.
- Slice the vegetables as desired and set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp of cooking oil. Fry the white onions with garlic, 1 tsp of Curry powder and 1 tsp of Thyme for 2 mins on high heat.
- Next, add the remaining vegetables and cook on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Next, mash the tomato sauce to release the juices. Add tomato puree, chickpeas, half a cup of water, salt and/or seasoning cubes to taste.
- Leave to sit on medium heat for 5 minutes and serve.
You can serve it with pretty much anything. I chose to serve it with Roasted Potatoes and Plantains and it was very filling. I look forward to trying it with Naan bread. I hope you try out this recipe and if you need any help, further tips for this recipe or would like to share your thoughts with me, please leave a comment below or message me on Instagram – RikiCooks.