Thank you for clicking the link to my blog!
It always starts as a craving, and I wanted to try something different with sweet potatoes as part of my Vegan Challenge.
So here we are, my recipe for Sweet Potato Curry.
Meal Prep: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 – 40 mins
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, diced
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- A handful of whole Leaf Baby Spinach
- Fresh Coriander
- 100g Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 fresh Tomatoes, sliced and diced
- Tomato Puree
- 1 small White Onion
- 1 small Scotch Bonnet
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 small piece of Garlic
- 1 small piece of Ginger
- 1 tbsp of Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- All Purpose Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- Maggi* (Vegetable stock, optional)
- Aubergine, diced (I just felt like trying it, optional)
- Slice the vegetables as desired and set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp of vegetable oil, fry the white onions, ginger, and garlic for 2 mins on high heat with curry powder and a dash of all purpose seasoning.
- Next, add the aubergines and mushrooms to the pot and cook for 3 – 5 mins on medium heat.
- Next, add the tomatoes, scotch bonnet, a dash of tomato puree, 1 tbsp of peanut butter and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Next, add the sweet potatoes, 200ml of coconut milk, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 2 Maggi cubes* and 1 cup of water. Mix, taste, and cover to cook on medium heat for 20 – 25 mins.
- When the potatoes are fully cooked (i.e can easily be pierced with a fork), turn off the heat and mix in the spinach, coriander, spring onions and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, leave to sit for a minute then serve.
You can serve it on its own or with pretty much anything: plantain, rice, vegan bread or even with more vegetables. I chose to serve it with easy-cook long grain rice and it turned out very filling and bursting with flavor.
I hope you try out this recipe as it turned out delicious. If you need any help or further tips for this recipe, please leave a comment below or message me on Instagram at RikiCooks.
If you do try out this recipe, please free to tag #RikiCooks on social media.