Thank you for clicking the link to my blog!
After a long day of lectures, I needed a quick meal; so I picked up a stir-fry bag from the store and whipped up a quick storm.
So here we are, my recipe for Spicy Beef Stir-Fry
Meal Prep: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 – 30 mins
- 250g Lean Beef strips
- Mixed Vegetables Stir-fry bag (available in superstores)
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Salad Tomatoes
- 1 Scotch Bonnet
- Handful of Mushrooms
- Olive Oil & Sesame Oil
- Seasoning: Salt, Soy Sauce, Tropical Sun Meat Seasoning/Knorr Cubes (optional)
To begin, I seasoned the Beef strips with 1 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Sugar, Chilli flakes, dark Soy sauce, Meat Seasoning and set aside. Next, I sliced the vegetables as desired and also set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and fry the pre-seasoned Beef strips for 7 – 10 mins (until the meat is well cooked) on medium heat and set aside.
- In the same pan (there should still be leftover oil in it, add more if needed), add the onions, ginger, mushrooms, scotch bonnet and stir-fry for 2 mins on high heat.
- Once the vegetables are sautéed, add the mixed vegetables stir-fry, tomatoes, lemongrass, spring onions, and stir-fry on high heat for 5 – 8 mins. (mix continuously to avoid burning the vegetables)
- Next, add the beef strips to the pan with a squeeze of lemon juice, a pinch of salt, 1 Knorr seasoning cube, a drizzle of BBQ sauce and mix for 2 mins on high heat.
You can serve it on its own or with pretty much anything.
I planned to eat it with Cauliflower Rice as part of a few Keto recipes that I have decided to try but the carb-lover in me parboiled some easy-cook long grain rice whilst I was cooking (Ooops) and it still turned out great.
I hope you try out this recipe as it was a quick and tasty dinner choice. If you need any help or further tips for this recipe, please leave a comment below, message me on Instagram at RikiCooks or email me at email@example.com