Thank you for clicking the link to my blog!
It always starts as a craving, I wanted to try something different with pasta as I usually stick to Jollof Spaghetti, so when I purchased Tagliatelle pasta instead of Spaghetti, I decided to pair it with a hint (maybe more) of Sauvignon Blanc.
So here we are, my recipe for Chicken Tagliatelle.
Meal Prep: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 350g Bronze Die Pasta Tagliatelle (any brand will do)
- Half a cup of Sauvignon Blanc Wine
- A handful of whole leaf baby Spinach
- 300g Chicken Breast Fillets
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, sliced and diced
- Half red onion
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp minced garlic-ginger paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Dash of Oregano
- Knorr Chicken Maggi* (optional; it’s the Nigerian in me)
- Dice the chicken breast fillets and season with half a tsp of salt, 1 Knorr chicken cube* and black pepper.
- Slice the onions, spring onions, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes as desired.
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil and fry the pre-seasoned chicken cubes for 7 – 10 mins (until chicken is well cooked) on medium heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the red onions, garlic-ginger paste, chilli flakes and stir-fry for 1 min on high heat.
- Once the onions are sautéed, add the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms and cook on low heat for 5 – 7 mins.
At this point, I cooked the pasta in a separate pot, according to the cooking instructions on the packet (adding a tsp of olive oil to reduce how much the pasta sticks together, cooking time: 10 – 12 mins)
- Add the chicken cubes to the pan with a squeeze of the lemon juice (to aid the acidity from the wine), half a cup of Sauvignon Blanc and salt, pepper, oregano, 1 Knorr chicken and simmer on low heat for 5 – 7 mins.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, tossing the pasta with spinach and the spring onions until all of the pasta is coated.
You can serve it on its own or with grated Parmesan cheese. I chose to serve with garlic bread.
I hope you try out this recipe as it turned out great, delicious and perfect for lunch (perhaps dinner). If you need any help or further tips for this recipe, please leave a comment below or email me at email@example.com
Follow RikiCooks on the gram to see related videos.