I love Nigerian food (like we all do) and I like to experiment with it, so when I had spare time and leftover Jollof Rice, I decided to mix it up into a Mediterranean vibe! It turned out to be quick, easy and fun to make.
So here we are, my recipe for Stuffed Bell Peppers with a twist.
Meal Prep: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 20 – 30 Mins
- 3 bell peppers, stems removed and cleaned
- 2 spring onions
- Half red onion
- 2 tsp salt
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 1tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- A dash of Aromat seasoning (optional)
- Wash, remove the stems and cut the bell peppers
- Slice the onions, spring onions and/or the prawns into smaller pieces (I did a mix)
- Heat the olive oil and add the onions, prawns, garlic-ginger paste, salt and chilli flakes and stir fry for 5 – 7 mins (until prawns are well cooked)
- Once the prawns are fully cooked, add the Jollof rice, stir fry for 2 mins until thoroughly mixed and set aside.
- Lightly coat the bell peppers with olive oil and spoon the Jollof mixture into the peppers.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 mins, or until the peppers are grilled to your desired preference.
You can serve it on its own or with your choice of salad. I chose a simple crunchy salad with tomatoes and cucumbers.
If you need any help or further tips for this recipe , please leave a comment below or email me at email@example.com